Diploma of Business (BSB50215)
TAKE THE PATHWAY TO SUCCESS.
This qualification can help you get ahead in a variety of fields including operations, marketing, human resources, accounting, banking and retail. This course will give you the skills and knowledge to establish your own business or explore roles such as operations manager, project consultant, executive officer and more.
You will learn the fundamentals of good business including customer management, development of innovative ideas, project management and managing people.
This nationally recognised qualification offers potential career transition into:
- Operations Manager
- Small Business Operator
- Program Coordinator
- Executive Officer
- Business Development Manager
- Program Consultant
UNIT OF STUDY 1 (BUS17T1)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop strategies to manage organisational systems that ensure products and services are delivered and maintained to standards agreed by the organisation.
BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to create systems and processes to organise information and prioritise tasks.
BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
UNIT OF STUDY 2 (BUS17T2)
INNOVATION IN ACTION
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to create an environment that enables and supports the application of innovative practice focusing on a holistic approach to the integration of innovation across all areas of work practice.
BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage planning in relation to an organisation’s workforce including researching requirements, developing objectives and strategies, implementing initiatives and monitoring and evaluating trends.
BSBHRM513 Manage workforce planning
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage a range of meetings including overseeing the meeting preparation processes, chairing meetings, organising the minutes and reporting meeting outcomes.
BSBADM502 Manage meetings
UNIT OF STUDY 3 (BUS17T3)
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to manage the performance of staff. Learn how the development of key result areas and key performance indicators and standards, coupled with regular and timely coaching and feedback, provide the basis for performance management.
BSBMGT502 Manage people performance
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to plan for or review the requirements of effective administrative systems and procedures for implementing, monitoring and reviewing the system.
BSBADM504 Plan and implement administrative systems
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to undertake a straightforward project or a section of a larger project. It covers developing a project plan, administering and monitoring the project, finalising the project and reviewing the project to identify lessons learned for application to future projects.
BSBPMG522 Undertake project work
- Possess a Certificate IV in Business (or related discipline); OR
- Possess relevant skills and knowledge gained through work experience; OR
- Possess an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (i.e. a Year 12 qualification) or equivalent; OR
- Demonstrate through a video conference, phone or in person interview the appropriate skills to undertake the course.
Additionally, to facilitate successful completion of the course, it is recommended that entrants have:
- A minimum of 6 months’ work experience in any role
- Proficiency in the use of technology and social web based programs (such as Facebook)
- High-level language, literacy and numeracy proficiency.
The course duration is 12 months (52 weeks) with the ability to fast track studies if you have the desire and capability to do so.
Level 3, 166 Keira Street, Wollongong, NSW, 2500
Minerva College offers vocational education places on a full-fee basis. Students wishing to pay for their course can:
- Make cash payments upfront.
- Apply for credit or a personal loan.
- With this option, after addressing certain eligibility criteria, you may be eligible for a personal loan from a financial institution, which must be paid back in line with that institution’s specific terms and conditions, but which will enable you to pay for your course upfront without having to apply for government assistance.
- Click on the following link to apply for credit with our financial services partner Mac Credit: Mac Credit.
If you would like to talk about any of these options, please contact us below to find out more.
Enrol any time with the course commencing on any day.